You can save your recorded gameplay at a specific place on your desktop/laptop, which is particularly useful if you have multiple storage disks and/or partitions.
Whether you want to transfer all of your clips to an external hard drive or simply upload them to a social media channel of your choice (e.g Youtube), having a custom location makes it easier to find and view all of your recorded gameplay.
To do this:
- Launch Gameshots and click on the gear icon located on the left
- Click on the "Storage" tab
- Check the current folder for your recordings. Click on "Choose Folder" to select a new one
- "Select your disk space limit" to avoid your recordings taking up too much space
- Click on "Save Changes"
Just follow the detailed steps and illustrations below to get started.
How can I choose where my Gameshots recordings are saved?
1. Launch Gameshots and click on the gear icon.
2. Click on the "Storage" tab.
3. The current folder where your recordings are saved will be shown here. To change this location, click on "Choose Folder".
4. Choose the folder where you'd like to save your recordings. Click on "Select folder" to proceed.
5. Type in the number of gigabytes, beside "Select disk space limit", as shown below. This ensures that your gameplay recordings do not take up too much space on your disk.
Note: Once the free disk space in the drive you've selected in the previous step reaches this number, you may encounter some issues while recording and your oldest clips will be deleted to make space for your new clips.
However, rest assured we'll let you know when this happens so you can clean up your disk to avoid losing out on any clips!
6. Lastly, click on "Save Changes" to apply these changes.
After recording your gameplay, head to the folder you selected above to see your gameplay. Each session will be a folder containing all the recorded clips inside.
Last Updated 17th April 2022.
Thanks for using Gameshots. Let us know if you have any further questions, we’re always ready to help!