What is the Prize Distribution System?
Reminder: We recommend updating to the latest version of game.tv to explore new things you can do with it, enjoy improvements to the experience and expanded coverage for new games.
It is a central service where you as a Club Admin or tournament Host can:
- Decide the prizes from the options available
- Choose who it should go to
- Get approval from Super Admins (if required)
- Communicate with prize winners
- and more...
This can help Players track the prizes they’ve won and prevents you from being bombarded with messages from Winners on their prize status.
First, you should create a tournament with PDS enabled. To do so, you should:
- Access the "Create" tab and select "Create now" to create a tournament
- Choose the game, the custom tournament mode, the template
- Enable the "Prizes" toggle at the bottom of the "New tournament" page.
- Fill in the description, region, positions and prizes
- "Create" and "Publish" the tournament.
- After the tournament is over, head to the tournament's "Prizes" tab
From the "Prizes" tab, you can track the status of the prizes being approved and sent to the winner(s). To do so, you should:
- Tap the pencil icon to edit the prize details
- Choose whether the captain or whole team receives the prize
- Enter Region and Prize details and tap "Done" to save it
- "Request Approval" for the prizes from the Super Admin
- Make changes, mark a team as disqualified, or reach out to the winner via chat if the Super Admin rejects the prize
- Get the prizes approved, allowing it to be dispatched automatically
Note: If you're a winner trying to understand where your prize status can be found, check out this article instead.
How can I enable prize-distribution in tournaments?
Note: Enabling prize-distribution in tournaments can only be done in the "Creator's space". If you want to access this from the "Gamer's space", refer to this guide.
1. Tap on the "Create" tab below.
2. Press "Create now".
3. Choose your preferred game.
4. In the "Choose tournament style" pop-up, select the "Custom Tournament" option and tap "Next".
5. Decide the tournament mode from the options given by pressing on the "Select" button.
6. In the "New Tournaments" page, scroll all the way down to the end. Toggle the "Prizes" switch on.
7. Fill in/select the options provided:
a. Prize description box: Provide all relevant info as follows - 1st Prize - <prize amount> 2nd Prize - <prize amount> and so on. We recommended doing this to help players know what to expect when/if they win.
b. Region: Country where you're holding the tournament.
c. Positions and Prizes:
- POSITIONS - Useful if you want the same prizes for some set positions (Eg. 1st position gets 1 prize, 2nd-4th position gets another prize same for all and so on).
- PRIZES - Select from the Prize options offered and enter the amount for each (This will vary based on country and availability).
d. "Add Position" - Add one more row if needed. Press the red x icon to remove a row.
e. "Prize delivery": Enter the number of days needed to get the prize to the winner.
8. After editing or adding other settings as you see fit, tap the "Create" button to create the tournament.
Note: To know all the different options and what they offer, check out this article.
9. Select "Publish" to make the tournament live.
10. After the tournament has been played, scores recorded, and winners declared, you can start the prize-distribution process.
11. For this, head to the "Content" tab in the "Creator's space". Scroll down to choose the tournament you want to distribute prizes for.
12. Select the "Prizes" tab up top.
13. Here you can see all the prizes to be verified and distributed to the players.
That's that! Now you can successfully enable prize-giving for tournaments. To know how to verify and distribute them, check the guide below.
How can I track the status, get prize-distribution approved and sent to players?
1. Until they have been approved, prizes in the "Prizes" tab will be shown as "Pending" in red. Tap the pencil icon to start editing the prize details.
2. For a team, you can choose between sharing the prize to the captain or the members. For individual winners, only their details will be shown.
3. This will open the "Region" and "Prize" options. You can change these if the winner requests the same or if originally decided prizes aren't available.
4. Repeat the same for all winning members. Tap "Done" right at the bottom to save the changes.
5. You can partially select who gets prizes within the lobby. Disable the tick mark box to not have a certain winning member receive the reward.
6. If you or the Super-Admin think there's cheating involved, select the "Mark team as disqualified" above to disqualify them. This will disable the "Region" and "Prize" options for that player/team.
7. When ready, tap "Request Approval" button below to get the prizes approved by the Super-Admin.
8. A green "Approval request successfully sent" toast message will appear.
9. The process might take some time. You'll be intimated via a push notification.
10. If the Super-Admin rejects the prize, it will show a red "Rejected" status with the reason stated below.
11. Resolve the issue to get the prizes approved. If it involves contacting the winner, do so using the Chat option to the side.
12. Have them clear your concerns or accommodate any requests they have. You can send GIFs or videos too here.
13. Once you're done, select the "Request Approval" button again.
14. Once verified, the green "Approved" status will be shown and the prizes will be distributed automatically.
That's all folks! Though slightly long, this simple procedure once mastered will have you distributing prizes like a champ.
Last Updated 22nd December 2021.
Thanks for using game.tv. Let us know if you have any further questions. We’re always ready to help.