Reminder: We recommend updating to the latest version of game.tv to explore new things you can do with it, enjoy improvements to the experience and expanded coverage for new games.
What is a custom tournament?
A custom tournament allows you, the host, to set up a tournament with specific settings suited to the requirements of your Followers. A few examples of the tournament settings you can customize are:
- Game mode
- Team size
- Number of teams
- ...and more!
To host a custom tournament:
- Open the creator's dashboard of the "Club" where you want to host the tournament.
- Tap on the "Create (+)" button located at the bottom.
- Choose the "Create Now", within the "Create a tournament" section.
- Pick a game of your choice and tap "Custom tournament".
- Choose any template with your desired game mode setting.
- In the new tournament page, choose the "Advanced settings" option from the bottom.
- Make the necessary edits in the tournament settings under basic info, details or tournament settings sections and press the "Create tournament" button.
Note: You should be the Creator of that club where you want to host a tournament. In case you want to know how to create a Club, check out this guide.
The following section contains detailed steps that will guide you on how to create a custom tournament.
How can I create a custom tournament?
1. Press "Create" on the Navigation bar.
2. Choose the “Create now” button, under the "Create a tournament" section.
3. Choose your preferred game.
4. In the "Choose tournament style" pop-up, choose the "Custom Tournament" option and press "Next".
5. Decide the tournament mode from the options given by clicking on the "Select" button.
6. On the "New tournament" page, you can quickly customize your tournament with various settings.
You can also press "Advanced settings" if you'd like to further customize the tournament. Once done, press "Create", shown in blue below.
Note: Many of the settings can be seen in the latter as well. This page only contains the most important ones to allow for quicker and easier tournament creation.
7. Under advanced settings, you will find a "New tournament" page that has three sections with further subdivisions:
Note: The settings shown below may differ or may be locked, in some cases, for different games and their game modes.
a. Tournament name
- CHOOSE MODE
- TEAM SIZE (fixed in place as per the above mode selection)
- TEAMS PER TOURNAMENT: Can go as low as 2 to as high as 1024.
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: From 1 to 3.
- MATCH FORMAT : Can choose for either best of 1, 3 or 5
c. Tournament format: Decided based on the particular game's supported formats.
- TYPE: "Single elimination" (play-off style) or "Round robin" (face off against all players one by one).
d. Number of winners
e. AI-assisted: Our crowning glory, a carefree system that takes care of team allocation, results processing and more with a single touch. Press the switch to enable or disable it.
- REGISTRATION START: Date & Time
- REGISTRATION END: Date & Time
- TOURNAMENT START: Date & Time
g. Stream: The settings here can allow you to stream these matches to your Followers.
- STREAM LINK: YouTube/Discord/Twitch/All other streaming software friendly.
- SELECT COUNTRY: It's Mr./Ms. Worldwide in here!
- CHOOSE BOT LANGUAGE: Offer a wide variety of languages to best suit your audience.
i. CLUB: Name of the club where the tournament is hosted.
a. Tournament details: The text displayed and to be read by participants.
- DESCRIPTION: Edit to your hearts' content, building on what we've already provided.
- RULES: Change or add only if necessary.
- PRIZES: From money to in-app rewards like diamonds, mention how much is earned and in what form for each of the winners.
Choose the "Next" or "Back" option to navigate between the different sections.
9. Tournament settings:
- Solo registration: For modes with 1x1. For 2x2 and beyond, these registrations will be paired up randomly. Tap on the switch to enable or disable.
- Team registration: For groups of players. Choose between the enable or disable option.
- Incomplete teams: For those who don't fit the required team count. Can be provided Subs or randomized solo players. Tap the toggle button to enable or disable.
Note: Partial team check-in option is also supported for the tournaments.
d. Check in: Gets players to re-confirm before playing. Press the switch to enable or disable.
- CHECK-IN WINDOW (only if enabled): Minimum 45 minutes between registration end and tournament start.
- TIME TO TOURNAMENT START (only if enabled): Allows players to Check in.
e. Enable partial check-in: This allows one member of the team to check-in even if the entire team doesn't check in. You can easily create a team and start playing even if other members do not check in later.
f. Random team selection: Participants will be randomly selected from all registrations. No waitlisting and all have an equal chance of getting selected. Tap on the switch to enable or disable.
g. Private tournament: The opposite of club tournaments. Only accessible via password shared. Tap on the switch to enable or disable.
- PASSWORD (only if enabled)
10. In the final "Tournament settings" section, once you've finalized all other settings, tap the "Create" button to prepare your tournament.
Note: If there are any errors or mandatory info not filled, the "Create" button will be greyed until the error is corrected.
11. The "Tournament created" pop-up will be displayed. Read through it and "Publish" if you like to create now.
Note: Press "Later" to save the tournament for later. You can access it under the "Tournaments" option in the Host console menu.
12. A green "Tournament status updated" notification will flash after taking you to the Tournament page.
13. You can always "Pause" the created tournament by heading to the tournament page (see Step13 for how) and re-publish it later.
That's that! We hope this helped create that perfect tournament, fully under your control.
Last Updated 1st November 2021.
Thanks for using game.tv. Let us know if you have any further questions. We’re always ready to help.