Reminder: We recommend updating to the latest version of game.tv to explore new things you can do with it, enjoy improvements to the experience and expanded coverage for new games.
What is a custom tournament?
Want to host a perfect tournament for your followers? Custom tournament style is a great option to choose. This tournament style provides host with multiple settings options. Especially, for those hosts who have a specific tournament setting requirement.
You can easily host a custom tournament by choosing desired settings with the below given steps:
- Open the creator's dashboard of the "Club" where you want to host the tournament.
- Tap on the "Create (+)" button located at the bottom.
- Choose the "Create Now" option from the create a tournament section.
- Pick a game of your choice and tap "Custom tournament".
- Choose any template with your desired game mode setting.
- In the new tournament page, choose "advanced settings" option from the bottom.
- Make the necessary edits in the tournament settings under basic info, details or tournament settings sections and press the "Create tournament" button.
Note: You should be the creator of that club where you want to host a tournament. In case you want to know how to create a Club, check out this guide.
The following section contains detailed steps that will guide you on how to create a custom tournament.
How can I create a custom tournament?
1. Choose "Create" option from the bottom Navigation bar.
2. Choose the “Create now” button in blue under create a tournament at the top.
3. Choose your preferred game.
4. In the "Choose tournament style" pop-up, choose the "Custom Tournament" option and press "Next".
5. Decide the tournament mode from the options given by clicking on the "Select" button.
6. This initial "New tournament" page, allows for quick customization. After you're done, tap the "Create" button in blue below right to get started. For further tweaking, choose the "Advanced settings" option instead.
Note: Many of the settings can be seen in the latter as well. This page only contains the most important ones to allow for quicker and easier tournament creation.
7. This detailed "New tournament" page has three sections with further subdivisions:
Note: Not all settings shown below will be present across all games and selected modes. Plus, some of them cannot be changed, depending on modes and games selected or available.
a. Tournament name
- CHOOSE MODE
- TEAM SIZE (fixed in place as per the above mode selection)
- TEAMS PER TOURNAMENT: Can go as low as 2 to as high as 1024.
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: From 1 to 3.
- MATCH FORMAT : Can choose for either best of 1, 3 or 5
c. Tournament format: Decided based on the particular game's supported formats.
- TYPE: "Single elimination" (play-off style) or "Round robin" (face off against all players one by one).
d. Number of winners
e. AI-assisted: Our crowning glory, a carefree system that takes care of team allocation, results processing and more with a single touch. Press the switch to enable or disable it.
- REGISTRATION START: Date & Time
- REGISTRATION END: Date & Time
- TOURNAMENT START: Date & Time
g. Stream: Press the enable and livestream your matches to your fans.
- STREAM LINK: YouTube/Discord/Twitch/All other streaming software friendly.
- SELECT COUNTRY: It's Mr./Ms. Worldwide in here!
- CHOOSE BOT LANGUAGE: Offer a wide variety of languages to best suit your audience.
i. CLUB: Name of the club where the tournament is hosted.
a. Tournament details: The text displayed and to be read by participants.
- DESCRIPTION: Edit to your hearts' content, building on what we've already provided.
- RULES: Change or add only if necessary.
- PRIZES: From money to in-app rewards like diamonds, mention how much is earned and in what form for each of the winners.
Choose the "Next" or "Back" option to navigate between the different sections.
9. Tournament settings:
- Solo registration: For modes with 1x1. For 2x2 and beyond, these registrations will be paired up randomly. Tap on the switch to enable or disable.
- Team registration: For groups of players. Choose between the enable or disable option.
- Incomplete teams: For those who don't fit the required team count. Can be provided Subs or randomized solo players. Tap the toggle button to enable or disable.
Note: Partial team check-in option is also supported for the tournaments.
d. Check in: Gets players to re-confirm before playing. Press the switch to enable or disable.
- CHECK-IN WINDOW (only if enabled): Minimum 45 minutes between registration end and tournament start.
- TIME TO TOURNAMENT START (only if enabled): Allows players to Check in.
e. Random team selection: Participants will be randomly selected from all registrations. No waitlisting and all have an equal chance of getting selected. Tap on the switch to enable or disable.
f. Private tournament: The opposite of club tournaments. Only accessible via password shared. Tap on the switch to enable or disable.
- PASSWORD (only if enabled)
10. In the final "Tournament settings" section, once you've finalized on all other settings, tap the "Create" button to prepare your tournament.
Note: If there are any errors or mandatory info not filled, the "Create" button will be greyed until the error is corrected.
11. The "Tournament created" pop-up will be displayed. Read through it and "Publish" if you like to create now.
Note: Press "Later" to save the tournament for later. You can access it under the "Tournaments" option in the Host console menu.
12. A green "Tournament status updated" notification will flash after taking you to the Tournament page.
13. You can always "Pause" the created tournament by heading to the tournament page (see Step13 for how) and re-publish it later.
That's that! We hope this helped create that perfect tournament, fully under your control.
Last Updated 1st November 2021.
Thanks for using game.tv. Let us know if you have any further questions. We’re always ready to help.